Every parent of students attending the School are automatically deemed to be Members of the Parents Association (PA). Nominations for the PA Committee for 2019 are now open and we welcome any nominations from as many parents as possible.
Why join the PA Committee? There are many reasons but the most important is to benefit your child(ren). Other reasons include;
- Get connected – there’s no other better way than to know what is happening in the school and be involved in programmes/activities for students
- Stay connected – presents opportunities to meet new/other parents, build rapport and share ideas and experiences.
- Growth – by being involved in school projects you put your skills and interests to use for a greater cause – your child and the Tenby community
- Communicate – you can be a voice for the community
- Role Model – your child(ren) will witness first-hand the importance you place on education
Who constitutes the PA Committee? The Tenby Ipoh PA Committee is made up of the Executive Committee; and the newly introduced Primary and Secondary Sub Committees. The Executive Committee meets every half term while the Primary and Secondary Committees meet at least once per term, or as and when they deem necessary.
The Executive Committee consists of one representative from each Key Stage:
- Early Years
- Key Stage 1 (Year 1 & 2) and Lower Primary (Std 1 – 3)
- Key Stage 2 (Year 3 – 6) and Upper Primary (Std 4 – 6)
- Key Stage 3 (Year 7 – 8) and Lower Secondary (Form 1 – 3)
- Key Stage 4 (Year 9 – 11) and Upper Secondary (Form 4 – 5)
- Key Stage 5 (Year 12 – 13)
The executive committee members will also act as the joint Chairpersons for our PA Sub Committees:
- Primary Committee - There will be one class representative from each primary class (National and International).
- Secondary Committee - There will be a minimum of one year group representative (National and International)
These sub committees are introduced to help support the work of the school at a more targeted level and to provide a wider base of communication and integration for whole school initiatives and the executive committee.
The role of a PA representative is a vital one in our school and we need more parents willing to give their time to help us provide the very best for our students, your children. If you are interested in being a nominee or wish to nominate a parent, please fill in the PA Nomination Form and return it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th January, 12:00hrs (noon). The PA Nomination Form is available online from the school’s website and Facebook, the PA Facebook and also from the Reception.
For more information, you may contact the following:-
- Mdm. Amy Yong (PA Co-Chairperson) on 012-5407 776
- Ms. Lee Siew Peng on 05-5252 868
- Your child’s Form Tutor via ENGAGE portal
You may download the PA Nomination Form HERE