At Tenby International Primary School, Penang, we are committed to underpinning our provision with the four distinct but complimentary themes of the Early Years Foundation Stage in our Nursery and Reception classes: A Unique Child, Positive Relationships, Enabling Environments, and Learning and Development.
We believe that all children are entitled to the best possible start in their school life, both intellectually and emotionally, in order to enable them to develop their full potential.
Our caring, dedicated, qualified and inspirational teachers aim to support each child's welfare, learning and development needs by:
• Recognising that all children are unique and special
• Providing a safe, secure and caring environment
• Fostering and nurturing children's self-confidence and self- esteem
• Teaching children to express and communicate their needs and feelings in appropriate ways
• Encouraging children's independence and decision making, supporting them to learn from their mistakes
• Developing children's understanding of social skills and the values and codes of behaviour required for people to work together harmoniously
• Supporting children to develop care, respect and appreciation of others, including those beliefs, cultures and opinions different to their own
• Understanding theimportanceof play in children's learning and development. Providing learning experiences in play that reflect children's personal interests and areas of curiosity in order to encourage and develop their natural desire, interest, excitement and motivation to learn
• Providing experiences which build on children's existing knowledge and understanding in order to challenge, stimulate and extend their learning and development
• Providing effective learning opportunities in a range of environments, inside and outside
Our Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum provides children with the best possible start to their learning journey, developing a love of learning that will stay with them as they progress through the school and throughout their life.